Wednesday 1 June 2016

Aliens 30th Anniversary Lootcrate Unboxing




Hi Everyone,

Today our Lootcrate arrived! We have had a subscription in the past, but found that we weren't a fan of all the items so we ended up not continuing, plus the expense to get it here is Australia makes it a bit pricey.
However, about 2 months ago I received an email from Lootcrate telling me that they were doing a one-off, no subscription required Lootcrate packed ENTIRELY with Aliens merch. Since Aliens is my favourite sci-fi, it was basically...

I'm a little obsessed. For example, here's my current Facebook profile photo...note the pulse rifle replica and Colonial Marines t-shirt. Not my only Aliens related shirt either.

 


 
So lets go through this Lootcrate, shall we?!

 As with any Lootcrate, the inside of the box is printed with something to do with the theme. This time around it was the troop carrier vehicle from the movie (M577 Armored Personnel Carrier - APC). 

Then you get the card letting you know what the contents of the box are. It looks like a manilla folder belonging to Burke (BOO!!!) and of course lists all the goodies.


So what did we get?


First things first, you always get a t-shirt and I am SO happy it was this one. The Bugstomper logo is pretty iconic and since I do very regularly quote the pilot (Ferro), the logo from the side of her ship is so awesome for me to now have in shirt form.
Next up, we have a tin sign which to me looks like it is one of the international posters. I'm not so great on my Asian alphabets so I'm not sure which country it is in particular, maybe someone could let me know in the comments?
Regardless of which poster it is, it's awesome. I'm pretty sure we will put this somewhere in the garage where Mat has a Green Lantern tin sign and Futurama tin sign. Truly this is worthy of joining the collection!

Ok, next we have a vinyl figure. I expected a vinyl figure as Crates we've had in the past have always included one, but I did not expect it to be a 6.5" figure! This thing is awesome. It's the Aliens era xenomorph and it's completely glow-in-the-dark. I probably should have charged it up and taken a photo with the lights out to really show this off, but I'm lazy so... 
Is it weird that I find this figure really cute?
Then again I do have a plush of this, plus a plush of the facehugger, so no, that's probably not that weird.

ok, moving on! Xenomorph eggs with facehuggers. We received a carton (yep, like an egg carton) of 4 little eggs, some hatched, some intact, with glow-in-the-dark facehuggers included. Now, that would have been really exciting, except these were released in a 6 pack back in December and we already bought those. Whoops. They're still awesome, and our 6 pack of eggs doesn't glow, so that's something different at least.
  
Last, but certainly not least we have the 30th Anniversary Edition of the Aliens Comic Series from Dark Horse Comics. I'll admit we have an omnibus here and there but not one that looks like this. This is beautiful. Not only is it a hardcover *drools*, but it has this metallic blue colour on the edges of each page. Sort of reminds me of old books.
I'm not sure I'm game to unwrap this from the plastic, it's so pretty, but then I want the stories inside. If I ever get some reading time I might peel the film off this and go for it.

So that's it. That's the Lootcrate.

So was it worth the money, especially since shipping to Australia is costly? As a big fan of the franchise, I say yes. However, if I wasn't that huge a fan, or if I wasn't into comics or vinyl figures, I'd steer clear. That advice really goes for any of these one-off crates that they bring out.

To wrap this up, I might as well throw in the pic of Abby, our German Shepherd, meeting the facehugger for the first time.

Game Over Man, Game Over.


Jamie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment