Wednesday 6 July 2016

You'll Never Find A More Wretched Hive Of Scum And Villainy

Damn Thieves !!! I was robbed, yeah it happened a couple weeks ago but I needed time to vent before I wrote anything about it on here (otherwise it'd be just a long list of swears).



We were told when we moved to this town that it had a bad reputation, but I grew up in a town with a similar reputation so meh can't be that bad. Yeah there is a bad part of town but we don't live anywhere near that place (little Beirut as we like to call it) so it should have been okay. Look, it's not perfect, we did once have a guy break into our yard one night, and it was hilarious letting the dogs out the back to chase him over the fence, but that was years ago.

     Back to the main reason I'm writing, some drop kick of a person broke into my work ute (pick up truck for those not up with Aussie lingo) and stole my tools, I work as a mechanical trades person and my tools are my livelihood. I cannot do my jobs without tooling, and work doesn't supply tooling, so it was all out of pocket expenses.
 
   One morning I received a phone call from one of the guys I work with asking if I'd been using tools out of my work ute that day because the toolbox on the ute was wide open out the front of the house, F!@#ing losers had cut the locks off my tool box, gone through my tools, but only stolen very specific items. Things that your average tool shop doesn't have in stock or your average person wouldn't use at home, like large spanners (up to 48mm and 2"), large Allen keys and in-hex sockets (up to 22mm).

    Over the next 2 nights, 2 other vehicles from my company had been broken into the same way. We've been furious since and have come up with a couple solutions which would stop this reoccurring, -
1. House power - we run an extension cord from the house to the body of the ute charging the ute with 240 volts of electricity, the only downfall would be having to clean up the corpses lying around the car every morning,
2. Shotgun - hook up a gun 'Home Alone style'  to shoot anyone opening the toolbox,  the biggest downfall of this one would be with the gun restrictions in Australia making this very illegal,
3. Gas - This was a favorite amongst the guys: leave a leaking gas bottle in the toolbox at night and mount a striker/sparker on the door to create a spark on opening. Again this one would have a downfall - there wouldn't be much of a toolbox left. (this is what happened to a ute which had a leaking gas bottle in it when the owner opened it while smoking, ps. driver suffered only minor burns)





All this is just spit balling, we'd never do anything this extreme, it's just frustrating having to replace thousands of dollars worth of tools because people suck.

                                                                                             MAT 

No comments:

Post a Comment