Saturday 9 July 2016

More Pokemon GO Reviews


Hi Everyone,

So we've had the game for what, 3 days now? So I thought I'd add my pros and cons of the game.

Pros:
  • Like Mat said, loving the fact that's it's only the original 151. We both walked away from the franchise after that era so it's nice to see those pokemon are the focus.
  • It gets people outside (can also be a con). Especially good for kids. 
Now...the cons. Grab a cup of tea people, this is gonna sound like a rant (probably is), but I'm going to be brutally honest.

  • This thing just screams Beta version. Ok, it was free so I really shouldn't complain too much, but if it's a beta, call it a damn beta.
  • Server issues. Damn. Just jump on twitter and look at the #pokemonGO hashtag. As soon as it was released in North America, the servers just crashed. Since this game had a testing phase (a true Beta? I guess?) you'd think this would've been sorted. Looking at all the memes and comments about the servers has been entertaining though....

  • Eevee Evolution. Its random what you get. So you could save up those 50 eevee candies and hit that evolve button and get the same damn evolution (or eeveelution...ok I'll stop) every. Freakin. Time!!! That's annoying.
  • The con of going outside. Ok, I know that sounded like I'm a couch potato, but there's already been accidents because of this game. Yes, that's the "idiots" but you have to cater to idiots. So for a game designed for children, I can see a lot of issues with kids not watching where they are going and getting injured or worse. For example, one of the Pokestops in our town, is on a freakin median strip in the middle of a 4 lane highway. Yeah. Great work team. Great work. Dodge traffic, get some free Pokeballs!
  • Evolution in general. For the common stuff, that's not so bad, there's plenty of Pidgeys around to transfer to the Professor in exchange for those precious candies, but what about the less common stuff? Do I have to wait forever to get my damn Charizard? COME OOOOOOON! There's gotta be a better way than the GRIND of finding the odd 75 Charmanders just to get my Charizard action on.
Some twitter gold
So, will we keep going with the game. Maybe for a while longer. But it's not really worth the hype it's been getting in MY opinion. It's just too damn frustrating that I can't enjoy it while sitting on the couch. If I could battle the neighbours or Mat? That would be awesome. If we were travelling, this would be SUPER fun. But for those of us working or staying home (for now) looking after the kids...not so ideal. I can see a lot of parents being nagged by their kids, just so they can aimlessly roam the streets for that damn cubone or pikachu.

Finally, #dontpokemongoanddrive http://www.cartelpress.com/pokemon-go-major-highway-accident-man-stops-middle-highway-catch-pikachu/

Stay safe Poke Masters,

Jamie :)




No comments:

Post a Comment