Sunday 7 August 2016

Finally, A Comic Con Post

Hi Everyone,

I know, I know, I said I'd post something about Comic Con sooner than this. Since anyone that really cares has probably seen all the trailers already there's not really any point to me reposting my favourites is there?

I was pretty happy with the trailers and news that came out of Comic Con. DC (finally) stepped up their game and were a highlight to many reviewers. Especially for the Wonder Woman trailer. Of course I'm still going to be nervous of Justice League and Wonder Woman not being true to the source material. That said, I will go into each of those movies expecting the best.

I have to be honest with you all here for a minute. I was one of those people who was completely against the recasting of Flash in the movie universe. I love Grant Gustin's Barry Allen so much. I think it's so true to the personality conveyed in the literature (you know, except for him being brunette). BUT...I didn't hate Ezra Miller's Barry Allen in the trailer for JL. In fact, I chuckled a little at his awkwardness. While I still don't understand DC/WBs move of not combining the TV and Cinematic universes (really, why confuse both the fan base AND the general public? Bring in that tv show crowd!) I was pretty happy with what I saw. Oh an Jason Mamoa......holy sweet Poseidon

Ahem. So you're probably wondering (if you actually regularly read this blog), where our Suicide Squad review is. Well, with a baby, and Mat's busy work schedule, we haven't been able to see it yet. This week we are hoping to while bub is at school. I know there's been a lot of negativity, but I don't care.

Other Comic Con highlights for me. Hmm. Oh, John Barrowman's cosplay. Outrageous as always, he did one of the best Zapp Brannigan cosplays I've seen. So impressed. Also did a squirrel girl cosplay and a classic Harley Quinn cosplay. So brilliant. Anyone up for a good laugh should check out his panel from SDCC this year (or any other year really). I'll link it here.




Since we didn't go this year, there's not really that much else to discuss. I didn't really look at any merch as I honestly didn't want to upset myself knowing that I wouldn't be able to purchase it! I know, I'm weird.

I'll be going back to work in a few weeks but hopefully between now and then I write a few more blogs. I've been a bit lazy so again, sorry about that.

Have a great week and remember, You're not weird, you're limited edition.

Jamie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment