Thursday 31 March 2016

More than meets the eye.


       Before I start, I refuse to acknowledge the Michael Bay movies in any way as Transformers, they don't have the same heart as any other incarnation, if I go any further in depth than that it'll be a post all of it's own.
   
         If we're going to be talking about the geeky things we're into, transformers is one that's almost religious for me. I loved the show growing up, it was one of my favorite morning cartoons
i'd watch before school. I had a decent amount of the toys too, but it doesn't stop there, the 1986 movie was(and still is) my favorite movie, to this day I can still quote it almost word for word.

        Four years ago I thought I'd try reading the comics. I started with the All hail Megatron series, it was a lot darker than the cartoons i remember but I loved every minute of it and found myself craving more and more stories about my favorite bots so i kept going through the other series til I'm up to date with the more than meets the eye stories.

       On our first visit to San Diego comicon, Jamie pre ordered me the Covenant of Primus when it finally arrived I originally sat it off to the side(too much reading involved) but thanks to netflix, I watched the Transformers prime cartoon which was full of nods and easter eggs for the original cartoon, the comics and even the covenant of primus. I had to read it after how good that cartoon was, as soon as i started reading it though i found myself unable to put it down.

     

It doesn't stop there, our house seems to be filled with transformers




I'd always said I'd never be one of those guys who buys a toy and doesn't take it out of the box but I've failed on that goal. Jamie bought me the 30th anniversary year of the horse limited edition Optimus Prime

.
There are others though which have come out of the box. Of course



I'm such a big kid at heart.

               Til all are one     MAT














No comments:

Post a Comment